I didn’t expect to post about this.
It was just a simple dinner.
But when all my kids started raving about this week’s pineapple chicken, and my seven year old said ” Mom, you need to blog about this!”, I was convinced.
All I did was literally throw things into a crock pot, and leave the kitchen to get on with our homeschool day. I returned four hours later to a wonderful dinner. Gotta love crock pots!
This is what I did,
- Place 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts into a crock pot
- sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder (I always put in extra garlic)
- slice an onion and throw sliced rings in
- Pour 1/4 – 1/2 a bottle of your favourite BBQ sauce. I used Presidents Choice Apple Butter BBQ sauce
- Put 1 can of drained pineapple chunks in. Use about a tablespoon of the juice as well
- A splash of soy sauce
- Put on the lid, and turn on high for 1 hour and low for 3 hours
- Serve with rice and vegetables
The sauce was amazing, and tasted great poured over the rice.
An easy, delicious, and healthy dinner for a busy parent to put together.
Ooh, thanks for sharing! Will try soon!! 🙂