Here I go……. experimenting in the kitchen again!
I don’t know why, but sometimes I just love to get out all my ingredients, keep my recipes in the cupboard, and have fun trying something new.
Makes life interesting.
So I’m here to say, the experiment was successful!
Beautiful Pineapple Beet muffins were made in my kitchen this past week. They left as fast as they came – a great sign.
These great snacks are healthy and indulgent all at the same time!
PINEAPPLE BEET MUFFINS
Preheat oven to 350′
- 1/2 Cup butter (or coconut oil)
- 2 Eggs
- Splash of Vanilla
- 3/4 Cup Sucanat
- 1 Can of sliced Beets puree in blender or magic bullet
- 1/2 Can of crushed Pineapple
- 1 Cup of Spelt flour
- 2 Cups of Brown Rice flour
- 1 Tsp of Baking powder
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- If dry, add a splash of Almond milk
Mix all wet ingredients together except for crushed pineapple. Then gradually add in dry ingredients until well combined without over mixing. Fold in pineapple.
Fill greased or lined muffin tin and bake for 25 mins. Keeping an eye on them depending on your oven. I filled my muffins fuller, so they were in just over 30 mins.
While they are baking, make a delightful cream cheese spread for them.
MAPLE CREAM CHEESE SPREAD
- 1/2 pkg. softened cream cheese
- 1-2 Tbsp maple syrup (depending on how sweet you want it)
- A dash of cinnamon on top
And there you go……
A great way to ‘sneak’ in beets (which by the way, are packed with vitamins and minerals)
Enjoy for breakfast, snack or dessert!