It’s my favourite meal of the day!
Every 24 hours I look forward to the most wonderful meal to start us off. Seriously, I love breakfast. And though this post, in my opinion, could probably go on for days (explaining how many wonderful and interesting things you can eat for breakfast) I will share just a few of my favourites as per request.
My main goal this past year has been to UP the protein and nutrients in our breakfasts in order to set our kids day right to start their school work (and to set Mama up with some energy!)
As I tend to lean towards gluten free and low sugar, my main concern is that the products I use are NON-GMO (that’s a whole other blog post to talk about!)
Here are a few of my go to breakies ………
PUMPKIN BLUEBERRY PANCAKES
1 Cup of gluten free flour (mix them if you wish – exp…. 1/2 C brown rice flour and 1/2 C coconut flour)
1/2 Cup of almond milk
1/2 Cup pure pumpkin puree
1/2 tsp cinnamon
splash of vanilla
1/2 Cup of frozen blueberries
- Mix all wet ingredients except the blueberries 2) Whisk in dry ingredients to avoid clumping. 3) Stir in blueberries. 4) Heat coconut oil in pan over medium heat. 5) Start pouring your pancake batter into pan to desired size. 6) Flip when they look golden.
- Serve warm with a dollop of full fat yogurt and real maple syrup
Yum!! Kids loved them, and I know their tummies were filled with great ingredients.
3 INGREDIENT PANCAKES
1 cooked sweet potato mashed or 2 mashed bananas (you choose one)
1 tsp of sucanat
Optional : a dash of cinnamon
- Whisk together cooked sweet potato (or mashed bananas if using) with the eggs and sucanat. 2) Heat coconut oil in pan over medium heat. 3) Drop the mixture by heaping tablespoonful and cook for 3-5 mins. 4) Flip and cook another 3-5 mins.
- Serve with maple syrup and fruit!
Banana Cinnamon Oatmeal with Chia Seeds
3/4 Cup of organic oats
1 mashed banana
1 tsp cinnamon
- Cook oats according to package directions (may need more depending on size of your family) 2. Add mashed bananas, cinnamon and a spoonful of chia seeds. 3. Serve in dishes with a dollop of full fat yogurt and fruit of your choice.
There you have it …… just a few healthy breakfasts to start you off right! Have a happy morning.
thanks – needing much more protein in the morning and eggs get a little tiring! near you at wise woman link up today!